Pelvic Floor Fitness
Strong and healthy pelvic floor muscles are essential to the optimal function of your bladder, bowel and pelvis in all activities of life. If you have a weakened pelvic floor, choosing the wrong type of exercise may further stress and worsen your muscle function.
Are you Pelvic Floor Fit?
Are you confident that you can perform a correct pelvic floor muscle contraction? Have you ever wondered how strong your pelvic floor muscles are? Have you had a baby in the last 12 months? Can you laugh, jump and run without leaking? Do you get pelvic pain or a feeling of heaviness after strenuous activity or exercise?
If you are unsure how to correctly contract your pelvic floor muscles or think that your pelvic floor may be at risk, make an appointment for a pelvic floor muscle check.
Pelvic Floor Muscle Check
Every female can benefit from a pelvic floor muscle check – you may not have symptoms now, but they will often occur as you age.
What is a Pelvic Floor Muscle Check?
- Assessment and management of symptoms related to pelvic organ prolapse.
- Design of an individual pelvic floor muscle exercise program.
- Advice about safe pelvic floor exercise options for your current abilities.
- Bladder or bowel continence management.
- Individual antenatal consultation.
- Pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation for pelvic organ prolapse.
- Pelvic and sexual pain assessment and treatment.
- Post-natal abdominal muscle rehabilitation.
- Electrical stimulation.
- Real-time ultrasound.
Our Women’s Health physiotherapist has undertaken further training to specialise in assessing and treating dysfunction within the Pelvic Floor Muscles. Make an appointment today if you have any concerns about your Pelvic Floor.